Nine Serie A clubs have reported record match attendances coinciding with their respective home fixture against Cristiano Ronaldo’s Juventus.
Because seeing Cristiano Ronaldo play in real life is a wish many Italian Serie A fans strive to make happen… So there’s a trend in Italy called the “CR7 Factor” by newspaper Corriere dello Sport. The Portuguese has the Midas Touch when it comes to ticket sales of Juventus away fixtures in which he participates.
For supporters of Juve’s adversaries, there seems to be higher importance in playing the role of the 12th man when CR7 is on the Old Lady’s roster. For the ninth time in La Vecchia Signora’s 10 away league games, the opposition has benefited from record match ticket sales despite high prices.
Yet again, tickets have been sold out for the Lazio vs Juventus match on Sunday evening. The Biancocelesti’s marketing manager, Marco Canigiani, provided an explanation for the record 60,000 spectators that will storm the Stadio Olimpico for the game.
“The fact that [Lazio vs Juventus] is Ronaldo’s first encounter in Rome attracts people from even the south of Italy,” the Lazio executive told Corriere dello Sport.
It must be noted that CR7 knows that ground. It was at the Stadio Olimpico that the ex-Premier League and La Liga icon left AS Roma in ruins on a couple of occasions in the UEFA Champions League. As a Bianconero, however, the Portuguese attacker is yet to invade and conquer that stadium. Matchday 21 will provide him an opportunity to increase his 14-goal tally in the Serie A and further mesmerize spectators.
Serie A clubs’ attendance on Juventus matchdays vs overall season attendance average:
1) Chievo 2-3 Juventus attendance: 29,500 (Average: 12,513)
2) Parma 1-2 Juventus attendance: 20,814 (Average: 15,777)
3) Frosinone 0-2 Juventus attendance: 16,310 (Average: 13,151)
4) Udinese 0-2 Juventus attendance: 25,021 (Average: 19,769)
5) Empoli 1-2 Juventus attendance: 15,889 (Average: 10,249)
6) AC Milan 0-2 Juventus attendance: 74,729 (Average: 52,872)
7) Fiorentina 0-3 Juventus attendance: 40,872 (Average: 31,096)
8) Torino 0-1 Juventus attendance: 26,588 (Average: 19,225)
9) Atalanta 2-2 Juventus attendance: 19,787 (Average: 18,786)
10) Lazio vs Juventus attendance: 60,000 (Average: 33,050)
*Statistics as of Sunday, January 27, 2019
*Match attendance data source: WhoScored.com
*Average count data source: Transfermarkt.com