Cristiano Ronaldo was ranked third on the list of celebrities who earn the most for every Instagram post.
It is no secret that the 32-year-old Los Blancos player is among a few superstar names who have harnessed the full dynamism of social media. Of the approximately 700 million Instagram users, the iconic striker alone boasts of over 106 million followers; depicting more than 15% of the net total.
This, of course, looks good for Cristiano Ronaldo in terms of commercial value. Social media has become more than a platform to share fun pictures ad videos with relatives and friends. Those years are almost over. With content monetization having found its way in, many famous personalities are racking home millions on what was initially a digital photo album. Cristiano Ronaldo is no exception, in that regard.
Back in February, we outlined the influence the four-time Ballon d’Or winner has on the Nike brand. This was hugely based on the numbers crunched by a social media analytic tool designed by Hookit. Just about a fortnight ago, Hopper, a UK-based company whose major function is to automatically assist its customers to create, plan, and schedule posts on Instagram, has also compiled what is termed as “Instagram’s Rich List.”
According to their study, Cristiano Ronaldo receives a staggering $400,000 each time he drops a sponsored post on Instagram! It’s hard to believe but, yes, it is very real! The former Manchester United winger is the only footballer in the top 10 list and the first of two sports personalities.
There is a $380,000 chasm between himself and the second athlete in the list, Lebron James. The NBA star, who has about 30.7 million followers, earns $120,000 per post. Here is the list of the top 10 celebrities with the highest earnings procured via Instagram.
- Selena Gomez – 122 million followers – $550,000/I.G post
- Kim Kardashian – 100 million followers – $500,000/I.G post
- Cristiano Ronaldo – 106 million followers – $400,000/I.G post
- Kylie Jenner – 95 million followers – $400,000/I.G post
- Kendall Jenner – 81.7 million followers – $370,000/I.G post
- Khloe Kardashian – 68 million followers – $250,000/I.G post
- Kourtney Kardashian – 57.8 million followers – $250,000/I.G post
- Cara Delevingne – 40.4 million followers – $150,000/I.G post
- Gigi Hadid 34.7 million followers – $120,000/I.G post
- Lebron James – 30.7 million followers – $120,000/I.G post