Real Madrid will be aiming to recover from their shock defeat in midweek with a victory away to Alaves.
The defending champions were stunned at home by a last-gasp strike in Wednesday’s encounter with Real Betis. Aside the defeat which was Los Blancos’ first-ever in a competitive game since May 2017, Zinedine Zidane’s men failed to score for the first time in 73 matches; a landmark that stretches as far back as April 2016.
Nevertheless, the main objective for Real Madrid will be to hit their stride sooner rather than later and they will most certainly be counting on the assistance of their talisman Cristiano Ronaldo, going forward.
STREAMING OPTIONS: WHERE TO WATCH DEPORTIVO ALAVES VS REAL MADRID
Watch Cristiano Ronaldo live in action on Saturday, September 23, 2017. The official live listings of selected countries below for Deportivo Alaves vs Real Madrid are listed by country, alphabetically:
- Canada at 10:15 AM ET on fuboTV Canada, beIN Sports Canada, beIN SPORTS en Español, beIN SPORTS CONNECT Canada, DAZN Canada
- Ghana at 2:15 PM UTC on SuperSport 7, Canal+ Sport 3 Afrique
- India at 7:45 PM IST on SONY TEN 2 HD, SONY TEN 2
- Nigeria at 3:15 PM WAT on Canal+ Sport 3 Afrique, SuperSport 7 Nigeria, SuperSport 7
- Portugal at 3:15 PM WET on Sport TV2
- Spain at 4:15 PM CET on beIN Sports Connect España, beIN LaLiga
- UK at 3:15 PM BST [Broadcast info not available per LiveSoccerTV.com]
- USA at 7:15 AM PT/10:15 AM ET on beIN SPORTS en Español, beIN SPORTS USA, beIN SPORTS CONNECT U.S.A., fuboTV
Cristiano Ronaldo, despite his eagerness to get in on the action after missing the first four league games via suspension, endured a frustrating season debut in the midweek’s outing. As things stand, it is only logical to assume that the four-time Ballon d’Or winner is most likely eyeing nothing but an emphatic victory for his struggling side on Saturday.
On paper, the status quo of the opposition his side will come against easily corroborates the narrative of Cristiano Ronaldo leading a potential goal mauling. The first round meeting between Alaves and Real Madrid last season saw the Portuguese ace bagging home a hat-trick in the 4:1 victory penciled in that encounter.
— Real Madrid C.F.?? (@realmadriden) September 22, 2017
All-withstanding, Alaves’ prestige and pedigree haven’t experienced any climactic improvement as they now rest in the relegation zone after failing to register a goal and for that matter a single victory in La Liga this season.
— LaLiga (@LaLigaEN) September 21, 2017
The Basque-based club, however, will be hoping to reshuffle their approaches after parting ways with their manager Luis Zubeldia on Sunday. Still, their compounding miseries should provide the right avenue for Cristiano Ronaldo to lead the charge for Real Madrid with a return to winning ways in sight.