Real Madrid will aim to register their third straight La Liga win in their trip to capital rivals Getafe on Saturday.
Los Blancos have been victorious in three of their last four matches in the league but a slow start to the season has ensured that they currently sit fifth on the table with 14 points – seven points behind table-toppers and rivals Barcelona.
In what is Zidane’s 100 match in charge, the European champions will be hoping to commemorate the day with a win while counting on their local rivals Atletico to stall Barcelona’s ascendancy so as to narrow the point gap between them.
STREAMING OPTIONS: WHERE TO WATCH GETAFE VS REAL MADRID
Watch Cristiano Ronaldo live in action on Saturday, October 14, 2017. The official live listings of selected countries below for Espanyol vs Real Madrid are listed by country, alphabetically:
- Canada at 10:15 AM ET on beIN SPORTS en Español, beIN Sports Canada, DAZN Canada, beIN SPORTS CONNECT Canada, fuboTV Canada
- Ghana at 2:15 PM UTC on SuperSport 7, Canal+ Sport 3 Afrique
- India at 7:45 PM IST on SONY TEN 1 HD, SONY TEN 1
- Nigeria at 3:15 PM WAT on SuperSport 7, SuperSport 7 Nigeria, Canal+ Sport 3 Afrique
- Portugal at 3:15 PM WET on Sport TV2
- Spain at 4:15 PM CET on beIN Sports Connect España, beIN LaLiga
- UK at 3:15 PM BST [No listing available per LiveSoccerTV.com]
- USA at 7:15 AM PT/10:15 AM ET on beIN SPORTS CONNECT U.S.A., fuboTV, beIN SPORTS USA, beIN SPORTS en Español
With emphasis given to the outcome of recent ties between Getafe and Real Madrid, victory at the Coliseum Alfonso Perez should be a formality for Zidane and his men. The European champions prevailed by a combined scoreline of 9-2 (4:1 at home and 5:1 away) and 10:3 in the 2016/2017 and 2015/2016 seasons respectively.
Of the 19 goals scored against La Geta in these two seasons Los Merengue’s talisman Cristiano Ronaldo contributed seven – including a 21-minute hat-trick back in 2015. The 32-year-old forward who is in line to pick up is fifth Ballon d’Or has been enjoying a great start to the season although he is yet to replicate his impeccable goalscoring form on the international stage for both country and club in the domestic league.
The Madeira-born ace helped the Portuguese national team secure progression into next year’s FIFA World Cup by consequently registering a goal each in his nation’s 2:0 wins over both Andorra and Switzerland during the international break.
Great team effort! Thank you all for your support. Russia, here we come!!???? pic.twitter.com/cEPJWCDA2R
— Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano) October 11, 2017
With that as motivation, the former Manchester United winger should hit a purple patch coming against 12th-placed Getafe. Nevertheless, the hosts could prove to be a tough test having narrowly lost to both Sevilla and Barcelona in their recent outings.